You may not realize it, but one good thing about living in the Huntsville/Madsion, AL area is that we are not far from several great get away destinations. Drive west and you will find Town Creek and Rogersville, Alabama. Both towns offer resort hotels, as well as cabin and home rentals with lakefront access to the Tennessee River. Travel south on I-65 and you have Smith Lake. Travel south east and you run into Guntersville, Alabama.
Today my wife and I decided to get away for the day. So after our morning workout at the YMCA, we got in the car and we were off! Our destination was Guntersville, Alabama. We had a great day. We visited a marina to steak out a boat rental for our next visit. We had lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch we spent some time relaxing on a dock and enjoyed the waterfront view. Then we did some site seeing. Of course we had to look at some homes that are on the market in the area. In all, we had a great get away for the day. The outing truly broke our normal weekend routine, which made the experience even better.
There are 5 things that make Guntersville the perfect little get away.
- You can rent boats! From canoes, to paddle boats, to fishing boats or even pontoon boats, you have several relatively inexpensive options that can put you right on the water.
- If you decide to stay longer than a day, you can stay in some relaxing hotels with lake front docks. Or you can rent a house on the lake, or rent a house with a great view of the lake.
- There are some great restaurants in Guntersville.
- Guntersville offers vacation like relaxation without the long distance vacation travel expenses. Guntersville can fill multiple needs: as the perfect romantic getaway with your loved one, an adult get away trip to relax with close friends, or if you want to take the kids you can make it a family affair.
- And here is the best part, Guntersville is less than an hour drive from Huntsville. And once you are there you feel like you are hours away, in a wonderful place far from home.
The next time you feel like you need to get away, know it is very possible to do just that! You can get away for a day, for the weekend, or longer. You can spend quality time with your loved ones and friends. You can get away from the hustle of every day life.
And hey, when you decide to get away for a day, drop me line. Let me know how it goes. I’d be glad for you to share your experience in Guntersville.